This California bucket list has been updated for 2021 and includes all outdoor activities so you can safely explore Southern California! Always check the latest restrictions and business information to make sure they are open before you head out.
I created this Southern California Bucket List to give you some really cool ideas of things to do, whether you already live in the area or you’re just visiting. You might find some new ideas!
SoCal has a TON of things to see and do, and most of them are within a two-hour radius.
The list includes 50 things to do in Southern California, including Los Angeles, Orange County, San Diego, Palm Springs, and more. Have fun!
Prefer to print it?
The Ultimate Southern California Bucket List
Things to Do in Los Angeles County
1. Hike to the Hollywood Sign
2. Find your favorite Movie Star on the Walk of Fame
3. See the best views of LA from the Griffith Observatory
4. Have a picnic on the Getty Center lawn
5. Visit The Huntington Botanical Gardens
6. Cruise the entire Venice Beach Boardwalk
7. Ride the Ferris Wheel on the Santa Monica Pier
8. Hike Point Dume in Malibu
9. Cruise on over to Catalina Island
10. Hike Mt. Baldy, the highest point in LA
Things to Do in Orange County
11. Take the car ferry to Balboa Island
12. Learn to surf in Surf City USA
13. See history at the Mission San Juan Capistrano
14. Roast s’mores on the beach in Huntington Beach
15. SUP in Newport’s Back Bay
16. Search for whales with Davey’s Locker
17. Explore all 20+ beaches in Laguna Beach
18. Hike to “The Sinks” in Limestone Canyon
19. Ride the Orange Balloon at Irvine’s Great Park
20. Sit inside the Dana Point Sea Cave
21. Stay overnight in a historic beach cottage in Crystal Cove
22. Find the Pirate Tower on Victoria Beach
23. Hike to the “Top of the World”
24. Attend a Festival in OC’s Art Capital
Things to Do in San Diego County
25. Road trip to see the metal sculptures in Galleta Meadows
26. Hike “The Slot” in Anza-Borrego Desert State Park
27. See the Carlsbad Flower Fields
28. Cross the border into Tijuana for authentic Mexican food
29. Experience a magical sunset from Sunset Cliffs
30. Paraglide over the coastline at Torrey Pines
31. Think of a unique photo idea for your hike to Potato Chip Rock
32. Kayak through the caves in La Jolla
33. Walk the Zoo and Balboa Park
34. Go on a Zoo Safari
35. Watch the sea lions in La Jolla Cove
36. Go on a Harbor Cruise
37. Bike, walk, SUP, or kayak in Mission Bay
38. Camp out at San Onofre State Beach
Things to Do in the Southern California Desert Areas
39. Go glamping in Joshua Tree
40. Roam the Living Desert Zoo in Palm Springs
41. Drive through all of Joshua Tree National Park
42. Make a donation at Salvation Mountain
43. Take a photo with the Palm Springs Windmills
44. Play in the sand dunes in Glamis
45. Take the aerial tram up to Mt. San Jacinto
Things to Do in Other Areas of Southern California
And finally, one of the most important things to do in Southern California is to take a road trip on the Pacific Coast Highway!
I’m so excited to continue checking these things off my list and sharing them with you!
How many of these things have you already completed?